Indians have long sought for independence throughout history and even now the struggle continues. However, currently there is no freedom war or and fight against the tyrants. Mughals, British, Portuguese, French, Dutch and now their very own rule this beautiful nation of culture substituting with crime.
In July 2008 Washington Times reported that nearly a fourth of the 540 Indian Parliament members faced criminal charges, “including human trafficking, immigration rackets, embezzlement, rape and even murder“. In Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2002, candidates with criminal records won 206 out of 403 seats in the assembly, i.e. more criminals were elected than regular politicians. In Uttar Pradesh state assembly elections, 2007 74% more criminal politicians were given tickets by the mainstream parties.
I have compiled a list of politicians who rule India and have never been tried under law in India, these people continue to spread terror and the common man is in no mood to fight a freedom war, because the common man is so busy trying to make ends meet.
- Shibu Soren allegedly started his political career by using mob attacks to eliminate political opponents. He became a minister in 2004. He continues as the Chief Minister of Jharkhand as of 2008 even though he has been sentenced to life for murder.
- In 2005, a charged serial killer and terrorist Raghuraj Pratap Singh became the Minister for Food and Civil Supplies.
- Pappu Kalani is currently on bail in 19 cases including eight murders and was most recently elected Member of the Legislative Assembly for Ulhasnagar.
- Mohammad Shahabuddin is the Member of Parliament from Siwan, Bihar. He is currently serving a life sentence for kidnapping with intent to murder, and is facing trial in more than thirty criminal cases including eight of murder, twenty of attempted murder, as well as kidnapping, extortion, etc.
- Uttar Pradesh 2007 election, Pawan Pandey (Apna Dal, supported by Bharatiya Janata Party) had 63 criminal cases pending against him, the highest number of cases pending against any candidate in the election.
- Mayawati is the richest politician in India. Several cases are pending against her. Among others, her administration planned to build a shopping center next to the Taj Mahal.
- Babubhai Khimabhai Katara (born January 1, 1961) is a member of the 14th Lok Sabha of India. In February-March 2002, Babubhai Katara along with his son Bhavesh Katara are alleged to have participated in the large scale looting of Muslim establishments in Jhalod, Gujarat. On April 18, 2007, Babubhai Kitara was arrested at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi as he was boarding an Air India flight 187 to Toronto. He was using his family’s diplomatic passports to smuggle a woman, Paramjeet Kaur, of Kapurthala, Punjab, to Canada on his wife Sharadaben Katara’s passport.
- Former Chief Minister Madhu Koda:laundering money worth over Rs. 4000 crores, Not yet arrested and the matter buried, not even the media speaks about it now.
- Kunwar Natwar Singh Indian politician and former cabinet minister. On November 7, 2005, he was removed from his post as Minister in charge of External Affairs under a cloud of scandal and became a minister without portfolio. Named by the U.N. Independent Enquiry Committee (popularly known as Volcker committee) as a beneficiary of illegal payoffs in Iraqi oil scam, he was forced to resign from the Cabinet on December 6, 2005.
- Nitish Katara was 24 year old Indian business executive in Delhi, who was murdered in the early hours of February 17, 2002, by Vikas Yadav the son of influential criminal-politician D. P. Yadav. D. P. Yadav, is a noted criminal-politician, the “unrivalled don of western Uttar Pradesh Before entering politics, D. P. Yadav had racked up nine murder charges, and was implicated in a bootlegged liquor sale which killed 350 people in the early 1990s. Since 1989, he has served several terms as minister in the state government with Mulayam Singh Yadav.
- The Bofors scandal was a major corruption scandal in India in the 1980s; the then Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi and several others were accused of receiving kickbacks from Bofors AB for winning a bid to supply India’s 155 mm field howitzer. The scale of the corruption was far worse than any that India had seen before, and directly led to the defeat of Gandhi’s ruling Indian National Congress party in the November 1989 general elections. It has been speculated that the scale of the scandal was to the tune of Rs. 400 million.
The Hawala scandal or hawala scam was an Indian political scandal involving payments allegedly received by politicians through hawala brokers, the Jain brothers. It was a US$18 million bribery scandal that implicated some of the country’s leading politicians. There were also alleged connections with payments being channelled to Hizbul Mujahideen militants in Kashmir.
Those accused included L. K. Advani, Madhav Rao Scindia, Arjun Singh, V. C. Shukla, P. Shiv Shankar, Moti Lal Vora, Ajit Panja, Sharad Yadav, Balram Jakhar and Madan Lal Khurana. Many were acquitted in 1997 and 1998, partly because the hawala records (including diaries) were judged in court to be inadequate as the main evidence. The failure of this prosecution by the Central Bureau of Investigation was widely criticised.
The Barak Missile Scandal is a case of defence corruption relating to the purchase of Barak Missile Systems by India from Israel. The case is currently under investigation by the Central Bureau of Investigation, and several people including the Samata Party ex-treasurer R.K. Jain have been arrested. Others named in the First Information Report include politicians George Fernandes and Jaya Jaitley, and arms dealer and ex-naval officer Suresh Nanda, who is the son of retired chief of naval staff S.M. Nanda.
Laloo Prasad Yadav, then chief minister of Bihar, was a prime accused in the fodder scam investigation. The Fodder Scam was a corruption scandal that involved the alleged embezzlement of about Rs. 950 crore (US$ 195.7 million) from the government treasury of the Indian state of Bihar
To be continued……